MS-Word not showing JPGS

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi and thanks in advance

For the last 3 or so updates on Word I'm on the latest version), and as long as I can recall, everytime I insert a jpg whether from PSD, a camera, Preview App or anywhere, when placed it never shows the actaul image, it only appears as a "box" with the corner "handles".

The only way I can get it to be viewed is to "edit" it by control-click it whch gives me the "edit Picture" option per Word, whcih then opens a new doc, whch then allows me to copy/paste it back into the doc.

This is the same on any Word doc i receive from others too I think. I've checked all prefs, reinstalled, and this has been on OSX Jaguar thru Tiger.

Any help?

http://forums.appleinsider.com/image.../1confused.gif

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by satch View Post

Hi and thanks in advance

For the last 3 or so updates on Word I'm on the latest version), and as long as I can recall, everytime I insert a jpg whether from PSD, a camera, Preview App or anywhere, when placed it never shows the actaul image, it only appears as a "box" with the corner "handles".

The only way I can get it to be viewed is to "edit" it by control-click it whch gives me the "edit Picture" option per Word, whcih then opens a new doc, whch then allows me to copy/paste it back into the doc.

This is the same on any Word doc i receive from others too I think. I've checked all prefs, reinstalled, and this has been on OSX Jaguar thru Tiger.

Any help?

http://forums.appleinsider.com/image.../1confused.gif

Ok, based on my frustrations with the windows version (2003), I believe that there will be an option in one of the preferences or settings panels (win vers has like 3 -4 of them. No, I mean TOTALLY DIFFERENT DIALOGUES!!!!!) that will allow you to make word disply the whole item when it is inserted. you'll have to hunt for it and just play arround. MS doesn't do anything terribly logically, and that's the only way I've found to learn the dang things.

But, hell, what did you expect? It's Microsoft.