installed logitech vx revoluton mouse software - now my MacBok Pro runs super slow

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hello

I installed the logitech vx revoluton mouse software - now my MacBok Pro runs super slow. Quicktime will not work as a result and even after doing an uninstall it still makes my MacBook Pro (latest model) work super slow, The hard drive is constantly making noise like it is trying to open a file or something...and quicktime still does not run.

Also at one point the whole screen went black and then entered into some weird console text mode - like terminal or something?

Please help!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    I think the software is the Logitech Control Center software. I've seen some of the things that the installer does. One of them is delete the extensions cache. This may have been messed up when rebuilding or something. Have you tried reinstalling the software again? It suggests that you restart directly after installing so do that when the install has finished and see if that makes a difference.

Also, check your activity monitor. Sometimes when things go slow and the drive starts crunching, there's an app hung up in the background taking all your Ram and paging like crazy. For device drivers, it may be the kernel_task using all the CPU.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    benzenebenzene Posts: 338member
    If the above suggestions prove fruitless, you might want to look into USB Overdrive.

I've heard lots of complaints about the Logitech Control Center (haven't experienced any of them myself), and people say that USB Overdrive is a fair replacement featurewise.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    go into disk utility and run the fix permissions. or get onyx, its free. that might help.