CD Burner Problems?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey guys, I have a 1.33GHZ power PC G4 Apple iBook. It has OS 10.3.9. The question I have is about the CD burner. Its is the regular burner, not the DVD-burner one. When I go to write to a CD, it spins the CD REALLY fast, and something inside starts to vibrate. I don't know if the vibration is casued by the CD spinning so fast, or if there is something loose in there, but its so loud it can be heard in other rooms. Also, I can't burn anything now, becasue iTunes says the speed is too fast for the dick to burn. I know this isn't true because I have been using the same CDs the whole time (Memorex CD-R). It used to work fine, then sometimes, now it appears to not work at all. Did the drive just wear out? Any advice is greatly appreciated, Thanks!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whatha20 View Post

Also, I can't burn anything now, becasue iTunes says the speed is too fast for the dick to burn.

It took me a while to realise you just spelled disk wrong.

Have you tested burning a CD in another program such as the Finder or Disk Utility?

Go to the Finder and do file > new burn folder. Drag stuff into it and then select the folder and hit the burn button.