Transmit 2 Limitations

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
What are the limitations in Transmit 2 if you are unregistered?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    There are no limitations for the first 15 days. After the trial period, though, I believe the app is locked so you *have* to enter a code.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    From Transmit's Help file...

[quote]Shareware Limitations

You have 15 days to test Transmit with no features disabled. After 15 days, Transmit will limit your sessions to 10 minutes at a time. Additionally, your Favorites will no longer be accessible, although they'll still be saved for when you decide to purchase.<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Yup. I'm gonna finally register. No more free ride like Transmit 1. But it's such a cool app, I don't mind.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by Jasoco:

<strong>Yup. I'm gonna finally register. No more free ride like Transmit 1. But it's such a cool app, I don't mind.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Good for you, Jasoco. Don't forget that Transmit 2 is rewritten in Cocoa from the ground up. Their support is tremendous.

And (soapbox) it's always a good idea to pay for shareware. It encourages other developers to innovate and current ones to keep their products competitive. Most is $30 or less, two pizzas, a 2-liter Coke and several DVD movie rentals. Does anybody think twice about doing that?

Petrie

[ 10-30-2002: Message edited by: phranky ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 5
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    [quote]Originally posted by phranky:

<strong>And (soapbox) it's always a good idea to pay for shareware. It encourages other developers to innovate and current ones to keep their products competitive. Most is $30 or less, two pizzas, a 2-liter Coke and several DVD movie rentals. Does anybody think twice about doing that?</strong><hr></blockquote>

You used to be able to get an iMac for the price of 3 pizzas a month. Jeff Goldblum told me .