iMac G4 wireless Dlink Dwl-g122 HELP!!!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
iMac G4 with Dlink Dwl-g122 used to work ok until today, so I re-installed the driver...bababa

and here is the scenario:

the dongle can see the wireless network via Airport Express, but can't connect to internet,

I used the network utility to 'ping' the AE, it said: host is down, I used Airport Adm utiltiy to find the AE, but it could not see it,

I checked everything with my ibook, everything was ok, i.e. connect to AE ok, can surf the internet, ping to AE ok,

so i suspected the dongle, i created a network in ibook and iMac could connect to it via the dongle, it's working, so it must be sth else with the network setting in the iMac,

Under the network pane, the dongle is seen as Ethernet Adaptor (en2), in TCP/IP i use

Configure IPv4: Manually

IP address: 10.0.1.3

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

router: 10.0.1.1

so did i do anything wrong, i dont know much about this networking stuff.

I am very frustrated right now, so any advice would be much appreciated,

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    I had one of these pieces of crap and could never get it to work after no amount of trying.

You could try this it may or may not help put the DLink device into bridge mode and you should be able to see it via the airport express.

The biggest issue maybe the software for the DLink device is a couple of years old and has got some compatibility issues as a result.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    firehcfirehc Posts: 368member
    yeah, but it used to work
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Try deleting the DLink software and re-installing it.

Then make sure the DLink device is in Bridge Mode this will allow it to see and use the IP from the airport express.

Lets know who that goes.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I ve tried installing and uninstalling, no good,

and what is bridge mode?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    It allows the DLink device to accept and use the IP coming via the Airport express. It is truning off the IP sending from the device.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    thanks, how do i get it to work in bridge mode ?