The Fratellis

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So...

has anyone else been turned on to their music by the new iPod/iTunes ad ?

I actually went out and bought the CD (iTunes doesn't have it.)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    No, they DO have it.

I got it the day of the keynote.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Only 4 tracks though ... not the entire album.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    haha i love that song...so good haha
  • Reply 4 of 4
    You know, it's a two-way street from my perspective. I've been listening to the Fratellis for a while, my friend introduced them to me a few months ago. I downloaded their entire album, Costello Music. They quickly became one of my favorite bands (a judgement that is based on whether or not I can contently listen to all of their songs, which I can). Flathead was a favorite, so was Creepin' Up the Backstairs, and Everybody Knows You Cried Last Night.

So, with that being said, I am always surprised that people start loving a band after they get popular or achieve some sort of notariety. For instance, I listened to Avenged Sevenfold since their first CD, and once their THIRD came out, everyone started falling in love with them (on a grand scale).

However, I always love seeing my favorite bands make it big, and having Flathead in an iPod commercial is huge for the Fratellis. Kinda makes me proud, in a way. So, yeah, I guess I'm happy that they got on the commercial, pretty neat when you're able to sing along to a song that NO ONE has ever heard before.

NOTE TO READERS: Everything by them owns. Download *cough*legally*cough*via iTunes*cough* everything by them.