Multiple Apple Tv lists?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Before i purchase the new apple tv, i have a couple of tech questions about it.

1) i have both a pc and a macbook pro, with stand alone itunes lists on each. ( Can i use each list at the same time, or is switching sync lists easy?)

2) I have a lot of movies downloaded, and a lot riped from dvd stored on my hard drive (imported to itunes), my question is there a delay like front row on the mac when accessing them?

thanks in advance,

gPPPPP

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    1) I think that you can sync your Apple TV list with one computer (using Apple TV hardrive), for other iTunes list you can stream those via ethernet or wireless network.

2) If the movie can play in Quicktime (.mov, .mpeg4, etc.) you shouln't have any problems viewing it via Apple TV
  • Reply 2 of 3
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alberto View Post

1) I think that you can sync your Apple TV list with one computer (using Apple TV hardrive), for other iTunes list you can stream those via ethernet or wireless network.

2) If the movie can play in Quicktime (.mov, .mpeg4, etc.) you shouln't have any problems viewing it via Apple TV

Do you have any real knowledge of this??? (BOLD above) This is my major question?? The current on-line spec for Apple TV ONLY likes H.264 for video. I have a lot of my (legitamate) DVD ripped in DVIX, etc. that plays fine in Quicktime but I can't find anything authoritative on Apple TV and Quicktime. Can I install the perian component on Apple TV ?????

Any authoritative reference would be greatly appreciated!!!!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    well that is what I read somewhere on the net, but I thinkt AppleTV has a Front Row version inside. Try using Front Row first, anyway with Divx codecs I am not so sure, when I said "if the movie can play in quicktime" I meant native codecs or extensionsm like .mov and .mpeg4 but .avi and divx it's another story