Hint of Safari for Windows?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I found a quote on the iPhone site which I think possibly indicates a version of Safari for Windows:
Quote:

iPhone features a rich HTML email client and Safari ? the most advanced web browser ever on a portable device ? which automatically syncs bookmarks from your PC or Mac.

Now this could just mean that it will take bookmarks from another browser, but as you know, Apple likes to make the whole widget - the hardware and software. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenacres View Post

I found a quote on the iPhone site which I think possibly indicates a version of Safari for Windows: Now this could just mean that it will take bookmarks from another browser, but as you know, Apple likes to make the whole widget - the hardware and software. What do you guys think?

Why not? I think Apple should port iChat 4 & Safari 3 to Windows, which they may be in the process of, who knows.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenacres View Post

I found a quote on the iPhone site which I think possibly indicates a version of Safari for Windows: Now this could just mean that it will take bookmarks from another browser, but as you know, Apple likes to make the whole widget - the hardware and software. What do you guys think?

Or not. I actually found it very easy to manipulate bookmarks in XP. The IE Bookmark folder is actually an Explorer folder that you can manipulate like any other document folder. Apple can simply access that folder.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aresee View Post

Or not. I actually found it very easy to manipulate bookmarks in XP. The IE Bookmark folder is actually an Explorer folder that you can manipulate like any other document folder. Apple can simply access that folder.

Yea....no hint. Why in the world would they waste their time porting the best apps to windows?

btw, iTunes ported only because of iTMS and only because of this.