AirPort Extreme 802.11n* Enabler for Mac keeps crashing my comp

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
i have the 2.0ghz mb, and ever since i installed this my macbook keeps crashing. Usually all i have open is msn, azerus, firefox, and itunes. It is usually azerus or firefox that freeze first. However even wheni dont have azerus open it will still freeze. When i mouse over the inter icon at the top i get the loading circle, when i try to force quit the programs the rest freeze. So i am forced to do a manual restart. This doesnt happen as soon as i turn on my comp, usually after like 10 or 20 min. It worked fine yesterday right up until i installed the updater. 2 questions: is anyone else having this problem? and Can anyone help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by halfassed View Post

i have the 2.0ghz mb, and ever since i installed this my macbook keeps crashing. Usually all i have open is msn, azerus, firefox, and itunes. It is usually azerus or firefox that freeze first. However even wheni dont have azerus open it will still freeze. When i mouse over the inter icon at the top i get the loading circle, when i try to force quit the programs the rest freeze. So i am forced to do a manual restart. This doesnt happen as soon as i turn on my comp, usually after like 10 or 20 min. It worked fine yesterday right up until i installed the updater. 2 questions: is anyone else having this problem? and Can anyone help?

Do you have a Core 2 Duo MacBook? Otherwise (MacBook CoreDuo), the enabler will not work on your machine because the "n" hardware is not built into the older CoreDuo MacBooks.

What is your wireless router? Brand, model?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    it is the c2d mb and my router is a linksys. But my programs never crashed before
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Exact same computer and issue here, except I'm using a Buffalo 802.11n router isntead, but I don't see that making a difference.