NewBee Has A Rip Question, and More?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi Folks,

A low tech redneck, I have a question or two to get up to speed with. I have not done the music download thing since the old days of free wide open Napster. Nor have I had to pay but.....
  1. I see the files are .m4p extensions. I want to rip to a CD to play in my OE non mp3 truck radio. Will the normal CD creators convert them to CDA OK, or is it neccessary?

2. On the other hand I have a great home theater with mp3 capability. (See Sig) Should I rip to mp3 or CDA, or will m4p play in it, or my truck now that I think of it.

1. I guess I need a sticky or a search phrase? Talk To Me Folks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Sorry can't answer your questions, though great Home Theater. I have the SR-850 Onkyo (I believe) and it really is a great receiver. However I lack any other nice CD player...speakers (well actually my 2 front speakers are a nice pair) and TV. Looks really good without any grills on the speakers too, good work.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shadow Slayer 26 View Post

Sorry can't answer your questions, though great Home Theater. I have the SR-850 Onkyo (I believe) and it really is a great receiver. However I lack any other nice CD player...speakers (well actually my 2 front speakers are a nice pair) and TV. Looks really good without any grills on the speakers too, good work.

Thanks, The VCR is gone replaced by a DVD recorder. A Pioneer XM reciever is added too.

I just want to know if this m4p format will play in a mp3 player, and can be made to play in a CD player.

I never heard of the m4p until today. I guess I'll google.

The HT Rocks hard. Dahlquist speakers weere competing with higher end products and were bought out by another maker to kill the price war they created. They stomp AXIOM and the like. I used to like KLIPSH, and still do but not for the cash against these. I got lucky.

I love when the little Bose lovers try and say theBose can do just as good. I get them over here and jack up the Pearl Harbor battle scene. Heh!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    See how dumb a redneck can be. I had no idea m4p was a protected thing. Ugh!

Where can I go and pay $0.99 for songs and do what I wish wuth them?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Your only real option with the protected m4p files, to play them elsewhere, is to have iTunes rip burn them to a Music CD (makes a normal 70 minute album of whatever songs you choose.)

If the m4p is NOT protected, then iTunes can convert it to mp3 and you can burn an mp3 disc full of songs that will play in some car/home stereos.

If you are ripping your own CD's, you can tell iTunes to use the mp3 format rather than m4p (AAC) if you desire.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Spam removed
  • Reply 6 of 6
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    You can burn these to playable CD's in iTunes. Just burn to Audio CD. I think you change it in your prefrences. After that you can import MP3's from that CD, which is also in your prefrences.