Macbook Battery Issue

qedqed
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm a MacBook (week22) user since June 2006.

After all OS X and SMC & EFI firmware regular updates, PMU (SMC) and PRAM resets, I was still experiencing the RSS (RANDOM SHUTDOWN SYNDROME) few weeks ago and it ended with a dead battery few days ago. No need to tell that, I'm very very concerned why I trusted Apple, because some of the main factory made issues are still present and my warranty will expire soon.

Shortly:

1/ To keep your battery well calibrated, you need to drain it down completely, at least once per month using instructions Apple posted here:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86284

2/ To keep you battery alive, according to many MacBook (and Pro) users, Apple is telling them NOT to fully drain battery down, to avoid a very common RSS and battery deactivation problem, according to:

http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/.../t-204889.html

or just google it with keywords "macbook battery deactivate dead"

What I want to know, after all the trouble I'm having now, following both APPLE instructions about the battery, should I keep them change every month and what to do after my warranty expires. To buy a new battery (130$) every month??????

I really cant believe that it's all the trick.... selling a top notch laptop but leaving a battery issue as an extra profit income???

I'm hoping that on this board there are some Apple officials to explain this unique market strategy to us, who payed your product with our money and NERVES!!!!!!!

Any ideas what shall I do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    smaxsmax Posts: 361member
    Have you taken it in for service and explained this all...?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    If your machine (or parts of it - batteries usually only have a 6 monts warranty) was three times repaired unsuccessfully by Apple, you can insist on getting a brand new machine. I still don't know why you keep on paying for those batteries, though?

For all the rest that can happen to your machine, get AppleCare! Even a single repair outside the regular one-year warranty will cost a lot more than the AppleCare package.