Logitech MX Revolution question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Cool mouse, kinda still flipping back and forth between the MX and the Apple wireless Mighty Mouse... Very different feel.

Anyway, my question is, after playing around with Logitech control center, I am not finding any way to bind the 17 different buttons, or 7 buttons, or 5 buttons, sideways/upsidedown/push/pull/squeeze things ... to launch scripts or access any of the function keys.

Granted, I'm quite baked at the moment and could be missing something obvious, so... does anyone know how to map the MX buttons to either launch scripts (they do launch apps or open documents, but do not appear to let me select a script), or work as function keys? There is some PC program called UberOptions that seems to let you do this under Windoze, anything similar for the Mac?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    I use controllermate because it allows me to execute Applescripts from my PC keyboard media keys and it supports multiple devices but there is also USB Overdrive.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichardH View Post

Cool mouse, kinda still flipping back and forth between the MX and the Apple wireless Mighty Mouse... Very different feel.

Anyway, my question is, after playing around with Logitech control center, I am not finding any way to bind the 17 different buttons, or 7 buttons, or 5 buttons, sideways/upsidedown/push/pull/squeeze things ... to launch scripts or access any of the function keys.

Granted, I'm quite baked at the moment and could be missing something obvious, so... does anyone know how to map the MX buttons to either launch scripts (they do launch apps or open documents, but do not appear to let me select a script), or work as function keys? There is some PC program called UberOptions that seems to let you do this under Windoze, anything similar for the Mac?

Many thanks.

Sorry can not answer your mapping question. I would like to make you aware of USB Overdrive - especially if you decide to use VMWare's Fusion virtualization program. If you go that route be ware that Overdrive will crash Fusion. Just a heads up.

I have this mouse - and it has caused me problems not only in Fusion but also Parallels. Both virtualization programs have locked, and this when I did not even use Overdrive.

On the other hand I also have Apple's BT Mighty Mouse. For some odd reason, the mouse just works great in Fusion and Parallels. Not certain why and don't really care. Since I need Office 2003 - I tend to use both Fusion and Parallels a lot and both programs seem to respond very well to the MM.

Again sorry I could not answer your mapping question, but hopefully what I have said well come in handy.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I am having the same difficulty. This is ridiculous though, since when is a computer device not , especially a mouse not fully "bindable" blah.