God I am confused.

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Really, God if your reading this, i am confused. And for all the other people out there, this is me:

Really, what the heck was MS thinking making TEN versions of Windows Vista

( 1) Windows Vista Starter Edition

2) Windows Vista Home Basic

3) Windows Vista Home Basic Upgrade

4) Windows Vista Home Premium

5) Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade

6) Windows Vista Business

7) Windows Vista Business Upgrade

8 ) Windows Vista Ultimate

9) Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade

10) Windows Vista Enterprise Edition )

Could you please explain this to me? And why bother making an upgrade version, if your former version will be "discontinued" and no longer able to be re-installed on your or any computer (source:DigitMag)?

Really, your hard drive goes to the depth of the Abyss, then not only do you have to buy a new Hard Drive, but you have to buy a new version of Windows, too (and if your use to the Ultimate version, you'd have to honk over an extra $250 if I remember correctly). Unless, of course, you have a spare hard drive and you actually back up your crap. Do most people do it? No. Should every "Half-Breed Vista User" start backing up you entire HD -- the answer is a big, whooping YES. It could save you up to $500 (including your upgrade version you wasted, an $100 HD and of course your new, full version of Windows -- which ever one you choose).

So why not just buy a Mac? First, for little under $1400, you get everything Vista wants to be, minus a few things. You get a fast computer, reliable computer. You get security -- not an annoying body guard ( http://www.apple.com/getamac/ -- watch the "security" one) -- and you can install your version of XP and not worry about the mess of Vista. Play your games, enjoy everything Windows Vista tries to offer (minus a few tweaks that will more then likely show up in Leopard). Oh, and when Leopard does come out, don't worry: Apple wont make you upgrade your computer nor buy a new machine (of course, if you have a G3, you might be out of luck): Because Leopard will be a Universal product, meaning G4-G5, including the Intel processors -- all of them will be Leopard compatible.

Isn't that dandy?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    You still are confused. There is so much misinformation here and trolling. I had to sign up just for this one. I could go on and on trying to help you understand but with a post like that I gave up already. Good luck and try www.microsoft.com for the correct information. I have a Mac book pro 17" by the way and love it and a few windows machines.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Praxis909 View Post

You still are confused. There is so much misinformation here and trolling. I had to sign up just for this one. I could go on and on trying to help you understand but with a post like that I gave up already. Good luck and try www.microsoft.com for the correct information. I have a Mac book pro 17" by the way and love it and a few windows machines.

Lol, I don't really care too much other then I will be doing research on Vista/Mac OS X for school -- its my topic I picked this semester. :-D And I have a Mac, so its good.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    feartecfeartec Posts: 119member
    You know, I hear a whole lot of dissent over the MAC vs. PC and since getting a MAC I seem to be placed on a side unknownst to me. I don't like Windows because it is sloppy, not because of the fundimental flaws and corprate aspect of it. MAC is out to make money also and that is why they are called a company. I think, rather than waisting your time trying to tell the world why MAC's are better you should do something else with your life.

MAC users unite against taking the other side's stance and just let it be. By the way Linus Torvalds is my hero. Can you tell?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feartec View Post

You know, I hear a whole lot of dissent over the MAC vs. PC and since getting a MAC I seem to be placed on a side unknownst to me. I don't like Windows because it is sloppy, not because of the fundimental flaws and corprate aspect of it. MAC is out to make money also and that is why they are called a company. I think, rather than waisting your time trying to tell the world why MAC's are better you should do something else with your life.

MAC users unite against taking the other side's stance and just let it be. By the way Linus Torvalds is my hero. Can you tell?

It's Mac, not MAC.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    feartecfeartec Posts: 119member
    I'm used to ACRONYMS...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feartec View Post

I'm used to ACRONYMS...

No worries, it's a common error. Mac is short for Macintosh, and has no acronymic connotation.

Wow, the spell checker in OS X feels that "acronymic" is a real word. I though I was just making it up.