help with network connection!!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just had to reboot my computer (a tragedy) and am having trouble setting up my network so other computers can connect to me. I'm able to see other computers and connect to them, but when another computer tries to connect to me by going to network-computer name-connect, there is no volume to mount visible. What am I doing wrong??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by otsme View Post

I just had to reboot my computer (a tragedy) and am having trouble setting up my network so other computers can connect to me. I'm able to see other computers and connect to them, but when another computer tries to connect to me by going to network-computer name-connect, there is no volume to mount visible. What am I doing wrong??

Have you enabled Personal File Sharing in System Preferences > Sharing ? Is this also "allowed" in the Firewall section of System Preferences > Sharing ?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by otsme View Post

What computer are you trying to connect to the Mac and what are you trying to do? Are just trying to set up file sharing with a Windows PC or another Mac, or are you trying to do even more? Your Firewall could also be in the way ... make sure you're allowing it to go through the firewall like sunilraman suggested.

Any other information you can provide?