iPhone competition...here's another.

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
We probably all know about LG's Prada phone.

I am sure very soon we will see Palm's, Motorola's, and Sony's answer to the iPhone as well.

Like I said before, Steve Jobs did not set the iPhone to be the next iPod. He screwed it over by wedding the iPhone to one Wireless Carrier. People do not switch wireless carriers because of cel-phones. They switch because of service.

It will be very interesting to see which wireless carrier will get the Samsung Ultra Smart F700 phone.

Samsung Ultra Smart F700

http://gps.engadget.com/2007/02/08/s...ra-smart-f700/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    saikosaiko Posts: 46member
    That is a very nice looking phone.. sadly, i'm stuck in a family plan contract (sadly, there's almost no way I can get out of this - AFAIK) with verizon for around another year, and would strongly consider this phone in place of my current razr v3i, if it were to come to be available through verizon. (though they botch the UI so badly, I'd have to see.)
  • Reply 2 of 8
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    We are already discussing this phone here iPhone 2.0
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Here is another iPhone competitor. This one happens to come from one Apple, Inc's closest and dearest friends.......Microsoft (LOL)

Before everyone poo-poos this because it's Microsoft, keep in mind that as much as Apple is linking the iPhone with the success of it's iPod and iTunes, Microsoft will do the same with their phone and the Xbox.

http://crunchgear.com/2007/02/09/zne...e-wtf-o-meter/

• Reply 4 of 8
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    A third party mock-up based on some vague preliminary steps by MS doesn't exactly count as a "competitor".

We'll see. I wonder if MS will now abandon Windows Mobile for a new, proprietary platform, cutting out their former partners as they did with the Zune's DRM?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I can't wait for Vista Mobile!!!

Is it going to ask me "Are you SURE you want to call this person?" everytime I dial a number?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vtorch View Post

Here is another iPhone competitor. This one happens to come from one Apple, Inc's closest and dearest friends.......Microsoft (LOL)

Before everyone poo-poos this because it's Microsoft, keep in mind that as much as Apple is linking the iPhone with the success of it's iPod and iTunes, Microsoft will do the same with their phone and the Xbox.

http://crunchgear.com/2007/02/09/zne...e-wtf-o-meter/

If you want to 'poo-poo' this just read the linked article - Amazing that anyone could write that without laughing so hard they miss the keyboard. Inconsistent speculations run rampant.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    MSFT paid 1/2 million family and friends of MSFT employees to buy Zunes!!!

50% of YTD sales to family and friends of MSFTies!!!
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

I can't wait for Vista Mobile!!!

Is it going to ask me "Are you SURE you want to call this person?" everytime I dial a number?

Hahaha.

Almost as funny as the iPhone shuffle.