Fastmac TruePower battery upgrade

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have recently read some news stories about the Fastmac TruePower battery upgrade for the MacBook Pro and MacBook. They say they will offer longer battery life over the usual 3-4 hours you can squeeze of the standard MacBook Pro battery. Has anyone purchased one of these batteries or seen any benchmarks of battery life?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mikefmikef Posts: 697member
    Just wondering the same thing myself... OWC doesn't seem to offer an extended life battery for the MBP, so I just assumed they did not exist and then I see Fastmac has them. They don't provide a whole lot of info about how much more life it gives.

Anybody using one? Does it really make a difference over OEM?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by snowboarder389 View Post

I have recently read some news stories about the Fastmac TruePower battery upgrade for the MacBook Pro and MacBook. They say they will offer longer battery life over the usual 3-4 hours you can squeeze of the standard MacBook Pro battery. Has anyone purchased one of these batteries or seen any benchmarks of battery life?

Hey everyone, I doubt anyone checks this topic any more, but I just wanted to leave some feedback on this. It took me a lot of thought and a lot of skepticism to buy a new battery after my Macbook Pro's original battery dropped in life so severely that I was only getting about 15 minutes of life. I ended up buying a FastMac TruePower battery on the hopes that the increased battery life were true. I am happy to say that after 114 cycles, I am still impressed with this battery. I am getting around 4.5 hours of battery life on average with internet use and simple video/audio playing and roughly 3.5 hours of DVD battery or fullscreen video playback. I took a screenshot of my coconut batter output to show some proof of my claims and to convince skeptics like myself. If anyone out there is still looking to replace their Macbook Pro battery, I definitely recommend FastMac's option and will be a returning customer there myself.

-Ryan (aka blackdout)

Here is the link to my screenshot:

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...0Testimony.png