Best Time To Purchase A Cinima Display

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was in the Apple section at MicroCenter and told the sales guy to cut the 20" cinima display from 699.00 to 599.00 and I would toss out the plastic.

He says no can do but mentioned April may be a good time to purchase if I could wait.

Anything to this? Anyone got a lead on a good price on a 20".

I really need one sooner.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by therock View Post

I was in the Apple section at MicroCenter and told the sales guy to cut the 20" cinima display from 699.00 to 599.00 and I would toss out the plastic.

He says no can do but mentioned April may be a good time to purchase if I could wait.

Anything to this? Anyone got a lead on a good price on a 20".

I really need one sooner.

non apple ones are a lot less
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon View Post

non apple ones are a lot less

Huh?

U- being funny? No-apple? Same monitor re-badged? Specifics please?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    He means that while Apple Cinema Displays are geared toward professionals, you can get a decent non-Apple monitor for half the price.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

He means that while Apple Cinema Displays are geared toward professionals, you can get a decent non-Apple monitor for half the price.

OK, Thanks,

It's just I am new to the Apple thing and wanted to make sure I understood.

I like the 20" Cinima but she is killing me price wise. I use CS2 on my potography image post processing and my 12 year old Trinitron 19" CRT died on me the other day and I need to replace it.

I'm looking for a good LCD that will calibrate well. The Apple is legend there.

Do you have any suggestions for alternate displays?

Thanks