PM QUAD + PC2-5300 667MHz

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

I have also purchased some CRUCIAL memory PC2-5300 667MHz for my PM QUAD and have noticed that the machine recognises it as PC2-3200U 288. I think I am now stuck with it as my return option has now expired. I have not noticed anything unusual with the exception of one thing - when viewing Quicktime movies on apple site, sometimes I see ghosting of the movies, and multiple threads of the player running (e.g. the viewer on the web page has image frozen while it seems another movie is playing in the background with the audio audible whilst the image itself not visible). I had never seen that effect before on any Mac, and can't tell whether its related to these memory modules. Other than that, as I said, I have not noticed anything unusual. Nor can I tell whether the machine is slower or not. Question: Should I stick with these? Would there not be any longterm effect of using these memories.

BTW: CRUCIAL's site lists these memories as compatible with PM QUAD and makes no distinction between these and the recommended PC2-4200's.

Regards,

CJ

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CactusJack View Post

multiple threads of the player running (e.g. the viewer on the web page has image frozen while it seems another movie is playing in the background with the audio audible whilst the image itself not visible). I had never seen that effect before on any Mac

I have seen that before a number of times. I don't know if there's a problem with the Quicktime plugin. It's not your Ram anyway.