iPhoto... but for movies?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
i was just having a play about in iphoto, and i was just thinking, this would be cool for movies. let me explain...

the view i prefer in iphoto is the 'organise by roll' view. in this view, all you see is the roll's name. then, when you click on the little arrow, all the pictures from this roll are displayed. this got me thinking, what if this could happen with movies, in that you see a preview of all the movies in that folder. think how itunes shows movies with the little preview in the 'artview'view, like that, but organised into folders like iphoto. then, when you double click on the movie, it plays it. this just seems like the logical, 'apple' thing to do.

well, to me it makes sense...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I use iTunes for all my movies, besides just using the old tried-and-true folder method.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    How do you put movies in iTunes? What folder? In the Home>Music>iTunes folder, there's no Movies folder. And what format(s) are compatible? Any QuickTime?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    There are some offerings out there. Movie Gallery is one that looks promising.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by - Ø®£Z - View Post

How do you put movies in iTunes? What folder? In the Home>Music>iTunes folder, there's no Movies folder. And what format(s) are compatible? Any QuickTime?

You use File->Add To Library.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    You can also use iPhoto to sort movies. If you drop a movie in iPhoto it creates a thumbnail with a little movie camera icon on it.