Apple and Future Shop?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Odd. I was in my local Future shop today. They had the usual Mac laptops on display, but they also had a 17" iMac, two 20" iMacs and a 24" iMac on display. This is highly unusual, and it made me think that either there is new hardware on the way and they're trying to get rid of the old stuff, or Future Shop is going to get more into Macs. The latter idea really appeals to me. I would really love to be able to take my Mac to Future Shop for upgrades or repairs, but right now, they only sell "generic" Macs - as in bottom-of-the-line. If I could order my BTO Mac from Future Shop, and get support and upgrades there, I'd get one even sooner. And I think so would a LOT of other people. One of the drawbacks to to Macs is that there are only stores in the most major cities. Anyway, just food for thought, I can dream I guess.

Rich 8)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    The lack of Apple stores in Ireland underwhelms me.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Why would you want to let those high-school monkies that Future Shop hires to screw around with your Mac? That's just asking for trouble! Go to a Mac dealer, where at least they might have a clue.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I've seen the 24-incher at the local Future Shop here for months...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Some Future Shop locations have Macs on display and some don't...