Nintendo has a long way to go to match Apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just got my Wii, and it is great, but:

- get the remote more than 8 feet away from the TV and the cursor starts to shake like

the remote is being held by an 80 year old man.

- use the built in web brower, and it insists that you need under 13 parental permission

to register the product even with a 1967 birthdate

- your screen name can't match your user name, so you end up with two user ids, which

must be different and neither of them can be an email address (no special characters).

- no way to remove the news channel, at least no obvious way

- no auto detection of remotes, you have to press sync buttons on the remote and the wii

to sync. I suppose that this is better than the 360's auto sync though.

- you have to continually plug and unplug the nunchuk, because it can't be plugged in when

you play games that don't use it - and this involves stringing and unstringing the wrist strap

in and out of the latch.

- the web brower on the iPhone is nicer than the web browser on the wii

- if Apple had designed it, the Wii would know its own serial number, and would automatically

register itself. The account you create when starting up the wii would work everywhere, including

the nintendo webpage.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    smaxsmax Posts: 361member
    I think the first one has to do with the way the remote works and the sensor bar. If you got a bigger and more powerful sensor bar, you'd be able to use it from farther away. Practicality limits the size though, so get used to being within 8 feet of the thing.

For most of the other things, I agree. Except for remote detection. If you had 2 or more Wii's in a room together playing together, it would be a pain in the ass if they were automatically detected.