ilife 07?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
yes i know its not hardware but its a future product so i wasnt sure where to put it. are there plans to release an update?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shady104 View Post

yes i know its not hardware but its a future product so i wasnt sure where to put it. are there plans to release an update?

Im sure they will release updates to it once it is released, however iLife 07 is not even out yet.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    The rumors are, the reason iLife is taking its time is because iLife '07 will have a lot of features that are dependent on Leopard's Core Animation technology.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The rumors are, the reason iLife is taking its time is because iLife '07 will have a lot of features that are dependent on Loepard's Core Animation technology.

Leopard

• Reply 4 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    ..lol
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FreeState View Post

Im sure they will release updates to it once it is released, however iLife 07 is not even out yet.

LMAO come on are you kiddding me? obviously i dont mean an update to ilife 2007. i meant and thought it was obvious when the update to 2006 (being 2007) would be released.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:

Y'know my first response was to write a pithy response about how obvious it should be where to post this. Then I actually looked at the categories and could see how one could be confused. Why do we have "Future" and "Current" Hardware, but not that differentiation to software or iProducts? And besides, is iLife part of the generic software, or part of the iEverything category?

I think we should combine the Hardwares, and have these categories (let the flames begin)

Mac Hardware

iProducts

Applications

OS X System

General Discussion

Apple Outsider

Genius Bar

Feedback

Can't think of a better replacement for all the iStuff, but the iMadness must stop! Other thoughts for a name; iStuff, iWorld, Apple iMedia.

And I think OS X System would more clearly indicate that the forum is for discussing system related topics, and not applications available for Mac OS X.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blue2kdave View Post

OS X System

Operating System X System?
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blue2kdave View Post

Y'know my first response was to write a pithy response about how obvious it should be where to post this. Then I actually looked at the categories and could see how one could be confused. Why do we have "Future" and "Current" Hardware, but not that differentiation to software or iProducts? And besides, is iLife part of the generic software, or part of the iEverything category?

I think we should combine the Hardwares, and have these categories (let the flames begin)

Mac Hardware

iProducts

Applications

OS X System

General Discussion

Apple Outsider

Genius Bar

Feedback

Can't think of a better replacement for all the iStuff, but the iMadness must stop! Other thoughts for a name; iStuff, iWorld, Apple iMedia.

And I think OS X System would more clearly indicate that the forum is for discussing system related topics, and not applications available for Mac OS X.

sounds like a plan!
  • Reply 9 of 12
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    is an iMac an iProduct or Mac Hardware...I think changing Future hardware to Speculation or Future Products would be easier.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

LMAO come on are you kiddding me? obviously i dont mean an update to ilife 2007. i meant and thought it was obvious when the update to 2006 (being 2007) would be released.

I figured that is what you were asking. However thats not what you asked - sorry Im a bit of a smart *ss - glad you got a laugh out of it though!
  • Reply 11 of 12
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    There used to be a Future software forum, but it was always about the next Mac OS so they just went with a Mac OS forum, and an Applications forum.

Now where should it go. Either. It's tied to Leopard, and I think it's actually a part of leopard, but it could also go in the applications forum. Either way. Get it out of here.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    I feel like a child on the night before christmas when I think about what iWeb 2 will be able to do. What do you think? Will it work seamlessly with amazon so that iWeb will also be iGaragesale? What kind of web technology will it utilize? In what new ways will it use web technologies?

Imagine what happens to Safaris stature on the net when about 100 million iPhone users goes online with it's builtin Safari !!! I bet web masters might start to make sure their webpages works in Safari don't you? And when they do, Apple will have solved a huge problem: how to make Safari behave like IE on the internet.

(the problem is not to create a webbrowser that complies with the standards, but that MS makes up their own behavior-rules deliberately, in order to control the internet)