Apple Sub-Notebook on its way?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
OK. What do you want?

For those out there that do not want a sub-notebook, there is no option, so don't vote, and please do not post messages to that effect. Keep it in the "if they do this" realm.

---

just noticed I didn't put in screen sizes for touch interface models. If you choose this, drop a message as to the size you'd like to see.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    I want fries.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    I think the sub-notebook is a great idea. One thing that would be great, but probably not likely, would be a built in laser based projector (no focus, just point and shoot), but not to replace the screen, just to be nifty. I don't feel like digging for it, but laser projectors have been made, just not really used anywhere. And if I remember right, they are very expensive.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    I can see another use for it now: after the salesman delivers his pitch and the client doesn't bite, he can just fry him on the spot.

Just kidding. I also had a dream that the device could have some kind of built-in projector or that somebody would come up with one that was super small yet good.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I guessed physical keyboard, but in a naive dreamworld I'd love to guess touch interface.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    I don't think many people want a sub-notebook, just a machine that's as powerful as a MBP with the size and weight of the old 12" G4 powerbook.

The 13" Macbook isn't a good size at all because it's not big enough for people who are used to a 15" laptop and it's not small enough for people used to the 12" powerbook.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    I think it will have a keyboard and a multitouch display rather than a track pad.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    "Real computers have keyboards." so says Steve Jobs once... Can't remember when though..
  • Reply 8 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shabbasuraj View Post

"Real computers have keyboards." so says Steve Jobs once... Can't remember when though..

Don't listen to that guy, he'll only contradict himself if you give him a chance.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Anyone who ticked "Slide out Keyboard" doesn't deserve to post on AI.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

Anyone who ticked "Slide out Keyboard" doesn't deserve to post on AI.

Agreed.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    After using a sub-notebook (ThinkPad X Series) before moving to a Mac I am a fan of the form factor. Weight is more important than size so I would go with the larger wide screen display - about 11 or 12 inches.

The wider screen would also provide the room underneath to switch between an optical drive and a second battery - or an empty slot plug.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Good point. What model Apple notebook was it that had swappable batts and drives? That way you could "design your own".

Swappable:

- HD

- flash drive

- optical drive

- battery

- card reader

- microwave oven

(I need my daily popcorn fix)