Yvonne Lawson

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am a relative PC novice, and wonder if anyone can help with the following...... I used to work on Apple Performa 630 which my son inherited from me. He has now moved on to an Apple G4. When we bought the original Performa quite a few software programs were included in the package. We just assumed his G4 would have word-processing facilities etc installed, particularly as my PC has all the whistles and bells but cost virtually the same as the G4. We were therefore most surprised to find that all the software has to be purchased as add-ons

As we have the old system discs for the Performa 630 would it be possible to load Claris Works onto the G4 or are the two not compatible?

Also, I have a lot of stuff done on the Performa and saved to floppy which it would be useful to save. Is there any way this work can be transferred to the G4 or to my PC ?

Finally, the Performa is still in good working order, is there still a market for such models or are they now too old fashioned for anyone to be interested?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I imagine you could sell the Preforma if you wanted, but I would suggest you don't immediatly trash/recycle it if you can't sell it. You can probably find somebody who could use it if you look.

I'd offer to buy it, but I'm buying a MacBook Pro this summer...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    At least with OS X today, a lot of the old software capabilities are in the OS, just not named the same. TextEdit, for example, has many of the same word processing capabilities as ClarisWorks. Its not flash - but it is there. But yes, ClarisWorks should work on the G4 just fine.

As for the Performa..you might be best off looking at Craigslist.