can i do this with pages???

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
at school we have dell computers and i have ms word there, i have iwork at home. can i open my .doc file in pages the big thing i want to do is write what i want in there and then save it again and be able to use my new document again at school. also how do i save a pages file so i can open it. i tried opening it by going .doc but that didnt work, it just shows me like a clip of the file in windows and it trys to open it like a pcture.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by polarissucks View Post

at school we have dell computers and i have ms word there, i have iwork at home. can i open my .doc file in pages the big thing i want to do is write what i want in there and then save it again and be able to use my new document again at school. also how do i save a pages file so i can open it. i tried opening it by going .doc but that didnt work, it just shows me like a clip of the file in windows and it trys to open it like a pcture.

Under the "File" menu there is the item "Export". You will have to select this item and then export it as a Word file.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Yes. You can do what you want.

You can open a .doc file with Pages. Drag a word doc file onto the pages icon in the dock or command click on the word doc and select open with Pages.

Then when you are done, do as Kishan says and Export it, changing it back into a Word document.