Windows XP/Boot Camp questions.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Talk about a funky situation, asking for windows advice on an appple board.

So I installed Boot Camp today and eventually got through all the prompts and finally got to the windows desktop. What was weird though, was that there was no start menu, no task bar on the bottom, the background is is not the stock XP back ground (that green hill), and it seems to be missing some files, such as "help".

I was thinking that maybe its a monitor setting, like maybe its too high up or something. I haven't tried doing anything, like installing a program or changing the background. Any suggestions?

And secondly, how do I remove it completely and repartition that HD space into my Mac again?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Atlas View Post

Talk about a funky situation, asking for windows advice on an appple board.

So I installed Boot Camp today and eventually got through all the prompts and finally got to the windows desktop. What was weird though, was that there was no start menu, no task bar on the bottom, the background is is not the stock XP back ground (that green hill), and it seems to be missing some files, such as "help".

I was thinking that maybe its a monitor setting, like maybe its too high up or something. I haven't tried doing anything, like installing a program or changing the background. Any suggestions?

And secondly, how do I remove it completely and repartition that HD space into my Mac again?

Seems like your windows installation is screwed up. Yeah, it does that sometimes

You did install the drivers for your mac?

Removing the partition you can do from osX by running the bootcamp program again.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dutch pear View Post

Seems like your windows installation is screwed up. Yeah, it does that sometimes

You did install the drivers for your mac?

Removing the partition you can do from osX by running the bootcamp program again.

No, I didn't install the drivers. Does it prompt you to do so or do I need to manually?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    smaxsmax Posts: 361member
    Did you burn the drivers CD from Boot Camp? They're all on there, you just need to run the .exe on the disc.