Port 110 Problems...
I have been unable to access my email using Mail.app for the last two days. In addition, I cannot access any of the sites that house Webmail access to my POP3 accounts (i.e., GoDaddy, LivingDot).
- Apple PowerBook G4 12"
- Apple AirPort router (have tried direct/wireless connection to no avail)
- TimeWarner Road Runner
- Five (5) email accounts, 2 .Mac (working fine) and 3 POP3 (all are buggered) (2 are hosted at GoDaddy, and 1 at LivingDot for my Blog)
- The error message is: "The server error encountered was: The connection to the server "mail.aptitudeblue.com" on port 110 timed out."
- Checked my Mail.app settings. The two GoDaddy accounts are pointing to Port 110, the other points to Port 995
- Tried telnet the IP address of mail.MYDOMAIN.com on Port 110. Response: "telnet: Unable to connect to remote host"
- I reverted the settings of my Airport back to default to no avail.
- I am able to get to most other sites (Google, Yahoo, this one) but not the one's that have something to do with my email troubles. What the deuce I ask?! Can anyone help?