FLASH questions

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
MX flash . . . trying to do a simple tweening with color change and it will not work . . . I am doing every possible permutation around what my manual (which is thouroughly crap!! (the visual QuickstartGuide) tells me to do.

I'm setting a keyframe, changing the color then going to the beginning of the object (with or without pressing shift) and inserting motion tween . . . and nothing.

Is MX just shite or what?!?!?!? any simpler ways to do this?

[ 11-24-2002: Message edited by: pfflam ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    ok, I just figured out that it has to be a Symbol and the change of color must be in the Property inspector.

Anyway, though to change the color of an object that is not a symbol?

[ 11-24-2002: Message edited by: pfflam ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 5
    My advice is to use only symbols in your program.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by Rick1138:

<strong>My advice is to use only symbols in your program.</strong><hr></blockquote>

symbols are yout friends. get in the habbit of using them. it will make your life a whole lot easier in the long run. smart naming conventions are always a big help as well.

[ 11-25-2002: Message edited by: running with scissors ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 5
    oops...double post.

[ 11-25-2002: Message edited by: running with scissors ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Let me expand that a little-symbols are what are normally called objects-I have no idea why Macromedia uses the term symbols,it is confusing.The best way to create objects is to use Insert&gt;New Symbol,and then to instance it in the main timeline by either dragging and dropping it,or creating it explicitly in code.If you place an something in the main timeline,and then making it a symbol,you can end up with a confused symbol/instance hierarchy,with a lot of undesireable results.I learned the hard way not to do this,by making a total mess out of something I wrote,I had to rewrite the whole thing.The best book on programming in Flash is Colin Moock's ActionScrpting.