Tiger big problem

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have a big problem with a 15'' Powerbook, Tiger OSX:

When I try to open a powerpoint file, the application crashes and I receive a report in which it states that the fonts are corrupt.

Also, when I try to open Font book application it crashes also. My question is how can I solve this? Is it possible to replace those fonts ? if so, where do I find the fonts on the Tiger installation disc and where should I place them? Can this be done without reinstallation of the OS? I don't understand why font book crashes

10x alot

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    ricksbrainricksbrain Posts: 517member
    The first thing to do is repair permissions in Disk Utility if you haven't yet done so. Often, when programs crash at startup, this can help.

I can't help with the fonts issue, but what about reinstalling Office? If the fonts are from Powerpoint, they're Microsoft's stuff and not found on your Tiger disk. If I'm wrong, though, you can put in your Tiger dvd, then do a customized install and poke around to see if there's anything there that you can install-- you won't have to install the entire OS again.

If you're in a bind and just need to open something, you could also use the iWork demo if you have it for a trial period. Keynote rocks and opens Powerpoint stuff.