Landscape and portrait ! iMac Rotates !

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Well I really dunno, but i think the screen should provide both a conventional landscape and a vertical portrait orientation. It sure looks like it could pivot that way.

Great for web pages. And layout of single letter size pages.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I was just thinking that. Sadly, since it's not in the article, I doubt it. Which sucks, because it so obvious to anyone who looks at it that it SHOULD.

SdC
  • Reply 2 of 10
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Wasn't there a hack out to make the PowerBook do this? I'm sure I saw that somewhere....

That would be VERY cool if the screen could rotate that much, and you could change the orientation!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    There is hope. That article is surprisingly undetailed about the actual iMac itself. No specs for speed? RAM size and Type? HDD size? Video subsystem. Just a lot of talk about Steve and Ive playing in the garden.

And no good up close shots either...

The magazine probably has better tech blurbs and pics.

That be a great feature to have, though.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Guys, that might be the "one more thing...", in regards to the iMac.

He'll probably have several "one more things..." tomorrow (chief among them: "one more thing...Time Magazine can suck my ass and go straight to HELL!")

But specific specs of this iMac were not in the Time article (clockspeed, video system, etc.) so maybe one of the other things not talked about is this screen, acting like those old Radius Pivot monitors from several years ago?

I have a feeling this G4 is going to be HIGH, too! Yeah baby!

I'm thinking AT LEAST 800MHz. They aren't going to go BACKWARDS, either from the current iMac's 700MHz, OR from the current G4's 733-867MHz (looks bad to consumers and stuff).

So it's highly likely that in a couple weeks' time, I'll own an iMac that has all the guts, power and features of today's highest end Quicksilver!

That ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 5 of 10
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Hey pscates, you going to go for the Superdrive, or just the combo drive?

Assuming both have the same processor...

I'll probably go combo. No digital camcorder yet...

'

I can't wait to get this bad boy!!!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Yeah murbot, but how long until you get something after the iMac??
  • Reply 7 of 10
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    If the power's the same I think it good to go for the combo even with a digital camcorder. For most of the stuff we film (home movies, trips etc...) 30-60 mins of superVCD is fine, and they'll play in most DVD players to boot.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    My digicam was put in the mail today! I'm officially giving out a:

SdC
  • Reply 9 of 10
    luckylucky Posts: 50member
    There seemed to be quite a bit of focus by Jobs in the article on the screen on its interaction with the user. I dont particularly feel like pulling up the article again but listed details such as the clear frame around the screen, inspiring it to be moved by the user, indicates that an ability to rotate would be a large component of said interaction with user and would in all likelyhood be mentioned.

I do not take left-out specs (ram disk proc etc) to be evidence that this detail (rotation) would also be likely to be left out as the obviously omitted details are not important for either the audience of the article or the concept of the computer itself. The article is not about the physical computer machine so much as the way in which Jobs et al view it as a fundamental shift in the way computers are used--digital hub blah blah blah. Number as indicators of performance will lose some (but not all) importance for this variety of machine as long as it is able to function seamlessly as this 'digital hub.'
  • Reply 10 of 10
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I think you can explain the lack of specs to the fact that this is Time magazine, and neither them or their readers particularly care about those things. Just getting basic facts right is a struggle. Asking for specs is begging for mistakes.