iCal Icon on Dock - Can it Display Today's Date?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've been switched to my iMac (and also a MacBook) since Labor Day. I continue to find myself looking down at my dock to see what the date is. It's always Jul 17. Is there any way to have that icon show today's date, other than keeping iCal open? I really don't use iCal or any other calendar program, except Outlook at my office, so keeping it open would only be to see the date.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    regreg Posts: 832member
    Why not put it in the menu bar so you don't have to open the dock.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMick View Post

I've been switched to my iMac (and also a MacBook) since Labor Day. I continue to find myself looking down at my dock to see what the date is. It's always Jul 17. Is there any way to have that icon show today's date, other than keeping iCal open? I really don't use iCal or any other calendar program, except Outlook at my office, so keeping it open would only be to see the date.

You don't have to have the calendar open, just running. Open iCal, then close it (don't quit it). The current date will stay.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMick View Post

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I started using iCal for everything recently, and it is one of the best apps in the iLife suite. It's every easy to use, and I haven't found any problems with it. Great app!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

You don't have to have the calendar open, just running. Open iCal, then close it (don't quit it). The current date will stay.

Wow, I never noticed that before!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    neyoungneyoung Posts: 26member
    woah, I never noticed that the normal icon changes when the program is open. Thats pretty slick!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    mbaynhammbaynham Posts: 534member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta View Post

it is one of the best apps in the iLife suite.

um, its not part of ilife, its part of mac os x. just tryin to help
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbaynham View Post

um, its not part of ilife, its part of mac os x. just tryin to help