Illustrator CS3 update

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
ThinkSecret has a page on the latest Illustrator CS3 news including their guess as to a final version date (end of April).



Applying the golden rule to that info and you get an end of May or early June commercial release.



Hmmm, now that sounds familiar, where did I hear that before.....



\



Read all about it here.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 4
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,408member
    I personally don't need or care about Flash integration. I do absolutely no online work, yet I continue to make a decent living.



    In many respects Illustrator is still a bloated app and could use more streamlining/pallet customization options to expand or limit options. So many of the choices are extraneous when doing actual work... Still, it remains my favorite app. Even more so than Photoshop or Painter.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donebylee View Post


    ThinkSecret has a page on the latest Illustrator CS3 news including their guess as to a final version date (end of April).



    Applying the golden rule to that info and you get an end of May or early June commercial release.



    Hmmm, now that sounds familiar, where did I hear that before.....



    \



    Read all about it here.



    According to some one who would certainly know, the CS2 price will spike on Tuesday..no mention of a new release, but why else would the pricing rise?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    donebyleedonebylee Posts: 521member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post


    I personally don't need or care about Flash integration. I do absolutely no online work, yet I continue to make a decent living.



    In many respects Illustrator is still a bloated app and could use more streamlining/pallet customization options to expand or limit options. So many of the choices are extraneous when doing actual work... Still, it remains my favorite app. Even more so than Photoshop or Painter.



    I'm with you here. PhotoShop is a great app, but I like Illy better. I do almost all of my work in Illy. I wish they would add some work flow enhancements and add better transparency handling though.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post


    According to some one who would certainly know, the CS2 price will spike on Tuesday..no mention of a new release, but why else would the pricing rise?



    What does that mean? Price spiking seems to imply that the price is going to go up??? That doesn't make sense to me.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Yeah, the whole price "spike" makes no scene. Why would they raise the price of CS2? I can see retailers lowering the price a lot to get rid of stock and make room for the new suite, but raising the price doesn't make scene at all. Why would they want to keep the stock of old software, the report is dead wrong.
Sign In or Register to comment.