External HDD problem...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have a Windows formatted HDD with a lot of important files on it. My problem is I don't have a PC anymore, and when I connect it to my Mac, some of the folders don't show up, of course the most important ones too. I want to get these files off and reformat the drive. Does anyone know a way of doing this? I really need some of these files now, but I can't figure out a way to view them...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta View Post

I have a Windows formatted HDD with a lot of important files on it. My problem is I don't have a PC anymore, and when I connect it to my Mac, some of the folders don't show up, of course the most important ones too. I want to get these files off and reformat the drive. Does anyone know a way of doing this? I really need some of these files now, but I can't figure out a way to view them...

Fat32 or NTFS ? Were those folders using some sort of windows filesystem thing? Compression? Encryption? Password-protected?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pyr3 View Post

Fat32 or NTFS ? Were those folders using some sort of windows filesystem thing? Compression? Encryption? Password-protected?

It is NTFS, and I didn't use any kind of compression, or pass wording, some of the just don't show. One of the folders show, but the files do not, which is really strange. Any suggestions?