iTunes Purchase Recovery Help

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I bought South Park, Season 6 off of iTunes today.

So its downloading the season. iTunes encounters an error, and closes. When it opens, the first 3 episodes (which finished downloading) weren't in my library. This happened again, and I loss 8 episodes from my library.

So now I have 6 episodes of the 17 I purchased.

I have all the files in my My Music --> iTunes --> Purchased (or whatever its called) --> Downloads Folder. Is there away to get these to finish downloading since they're all in the downloads folder still?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    parkyparky Posts: 383member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cbulla21 View Post

I bought South Park, Season 6 off of iTunes today.

So its downloading the season. iTunes encounters an error, and closes. When it opens, the first 3 episodes (which finished downloading) weren't in my library. This happened again, and I loss 8 episodes from my library.

So now I have 6 episodes of the 17 I purchased.

I have all the files in my My Music --> iTunes --> Purchased (or whatever its called) --> Downloads Folder. Is there away to get these to finish downloading since they're all in the downloads folder still?

In iTunes go to the Store Menu in the menu bar and select the "Check for Purchases" option.

That will check which items have been downloaded sucessfully and those that have not will start again and complete.

ian
  • Reply 2 of 2
    flinch13flinch13 Posts: 228member
    That's frustrating dude. If the "check for purchases" thing doesn't work out, you need to call or email Apple directly... I'm pretty sure they've got a one-time re-download policy or something. My feeling is that they should just keep track of what you've bought and allow you to easily re-download it whenever you've lost your files right through iTunes, but what do I know?