Using Photoshop CS

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
on the newest MAC. is there an Emulator that you download to make the older version of Photo shop run faster >?

how do you download it and where does this emulator go ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markomatic View Post

on the newest MAC. is there an Emulator that you download to make the older version of Photo shop run faster >?

how do you download it and where does this emulator go ?

Emulators don't make things go faster, they go slower. I suspect what you want to do is get a classic PPC emulator thinking that an older version of Photoshop will run faster under an OS 9 emulator than a newer version of Photoshop runs under Rosetta.

For one thing, you're going to limit the amount of Ram the process gets in the emulator and it's more likely to be unstable. You'll have issues with fonts too.

On a newer Mac, the only ways to get a faster Photoshop is to get CS3 beta and put up with its problems or get the Parallels virtualization software and run the Windows version of Photoshop under that.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

... get the Parallels virtualization software and run the Windows version of Photoshop under that.

You really think that'd be faster?? O_o
  • Reply 3 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whyatt Thrash View Post

You really think that'd be faster?? O_o

I know that it's faster because I was running it before I got CS 3 beta. The only problem is that it complained about not having enough virtual memory so it would probably only be viable on a machine with 2GB Ram and 1GB assigned to the VM. The shared folders feature wasn't great at the time either so I was copying stuff into it and then onto the C: drive and I found I had way too many duplicates. Plus you have the same font problems.