Sleepless Night - Time's Timing Known!!!!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Just One More Sleepless Night....

Apple absolutely knew when this story would break, I would bet the farm on that. Look at the headline on Apple.com - can there be a doubt ?

They knew we would be up for hours evaluating and commenting.... no doubt

And yes, I think there is at least one more surprise left in this beauty. The past days headlines are still not accomplished with this design...

- "To Go where no PC...."

- "Way Beyond..."

- etc, etc

I think they can have....

- Detachable screen w/ the Base being

the AirPort base Station

- Expanable/Retractable swing arm

- etc, etc.

But the explanation for the previous days headlines have yet to be released or exposed.

Just my thoughts.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by Dali:

<strong>Just One More Sleepless Night....

Apple absolutely knew when this story would break, I would bet the farm on that. Look at the headline on Apple.com - can there be a doubt ?

And yes, I think there is at least one more surprise left in this beauty. The past days headlines are still not accomplished with this design...

- "To Go where no PC...."

- "Way Beyond..."

- etc, etc

I think they can have....

- Detachable screen w/ the Base being

the AirPort base Station

- Expanable/Retractable swing arm

- etc, etc.

But the explanation for the previous days headlines have yet to be released or exposed.

Just my thoughts.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I would ahve to agree, except about that part with the detachable screen. Sorry for $1800 what you see is what you get...
  • Reply 2 of 18
    just to keep things interesting...one word. gigawire. from patent info, it seems to be a telecommunication standard...not a hardware spec. could this be the missing piece of the tablet puzzle?
  • Reply 3 of 18
    This also explains why the keynote was moved.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Well, <a href="http://www.mosr.com"; target="_blank">MOSR</a> seems to think the monitor is connected by AirPort or Firewire, which is pretty interesting.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    No way.

The sleepless night is refering to the fact that we'll all be up waiting to see the new iMac at tomorrows keynote.

No way would Apple post images of the iMac on Time Canada before the keynote. This is a great design, and Apple would want it to be a surprise, and would rather it not be leaked all over the net.

I think you had better keep your farm.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: erbium ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 18
    I don't get this speculation.... Apple posts a headline for Sunday, "One more sleepless night" meaning that after Sunday night, all will be revealed Monday AM. Why are people taking this to mean that Apple expected Time Canada to release the photos early?
  • Reply 7 of 18
    buggybuggy Posts: 83member
    connected with airport means that if it is touch sensitve then it can be used as a tablet.

if it is connected via firewire then it may be able to connect to an iPod.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    dalidali Posts: 32member
    As for Apple not wanted to disclose before the Keynote....

This goes right to the heart of the point, there is more here than meets the eye. Apple says, "Say whatever you want but no mention of this SPECIAL FEATURE" (the feature we possibly dont know about yet). We get a scoop, and Apple still keeps its OMFGod wow factor.

Just what I believe based on the amount of marketing effort that went into sculpting the headlines on Apple.com over the last week. They thought long and hard about this one.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    everybody is talking about the imac's when we all know now that the imac's have a G4 which means how fast will these powermac's be?
  • Reply 9 of 18
    buggybuggy Posts: 83member
    great theories about early "leaking" of info,

howver I suspect it is an error. It is Time canada not Time america. Just one of those forgotten things....sort of like Mr. Bush forgetting that Canada or Candians were American allies or even friends.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Buggy ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 18

[QB]Just One More Sleepless Night....

<hr></blockquote>

EXACTLY!
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Man... now I'm wondering if apple.com is going to update the front page at MIdnight PST??? Damn... 1 1/2 hours to go!
  • Reply 12 of 18
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    [quote]Originally posted by cooop:

<strong>Well, <a href="http://www.mosr.com"; target="_blank">MOSR</a> seems to think the monitor is connected by AirPort or Firewire, which is pretty interesting.</strong><hr></blockquote>

They also think that French site has all the real specs..
  • Reply 14 of 18
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Well, I'm not holding up for MOSR or anything.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    a/uxa/ux Posts: 38member

<strong>

Just what I believe based on the amount of marketing effort that went into sculpting the headlines on Apple.com over the last week. They thought long and hard about this one. </strong><hr></blockquote>

I have to agree. Read the article. It says that Apple is unveiling the iMacs "This week." This issue will be on newstands in New York tomorrow morning, hours before Steve gives the keynote.

Apple absolutely has planned this. Steve is grinning from ear to ear right about now. He must have a whole lot more in store for us if he was willing to release this early!

WOW :eek:
  • Reply 16 of 18
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Well, we KNOW that one "Oooooooh" will be missing tomorrow.

Cool design. iWant one.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    all I know is even if I skipped school tommorrow, QT stream doesn't seem to be working under my schools proxy(at leasto n some sites and sometimes)

I'm sure it would probably work for the keynote, but I'll be at school anyways

oh well at least I'll get to be in classes waiting to get back to my room and then I'll click up to apple.com and see it all...that should be exicitng

but its 1:45 AM and I'm tired so for now I am off

I just got the greatest Idea for my bed..I'm going to get 4 red lights and 2 green and then posistion them so they illuminate the bed in a deep red with a green accent...that will be TIGHT...
  • Reply 18 of 18
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    [quote]Originally posted by Wrong Robot:

<strong>all I know is even if I skipped school tommorrow, QT stream doesn't seem to be working under my schools proxy(at leasto n some sites and sometimes)

I'm sure it would probably work for the keynote, but I'll be at school anyways

oh well at least I'll get to be in classes waiting to get back to my room and then I'll click up to apple.com and see it all...that should be exicitng

but its 1:45 AM and I'm tired so for now I am off

I just got the greatest Idea for my bed..I'm going to get 4 red lights and 2 green and then posistion them so they illuminate the bed in a deep red with a green accent...that will be TIGHT...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Did you just say "tight"?

You are teh l00zars..