Nature had it first

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Found a really nice video about how nature had stuff (God created it) long before man developed it.

Prior Claim

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...91929858&hl=en

Interesting (scary?) twist at the end...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    it is actually quite an interesting video, (made in 1953), while the ending is 'scary' its just somewhat laughable
  • Reply 2 of 12
    @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member
    [CENTER][/CENTER]
  • Reply 3 of 12
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    One of the best films I have ever seen.

And quite true in all of its claims....

Fellowship
  • Reply 4 of 12
    franksargentfranksargent Posts: 4,694member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

Fellowship

Yes, isn't evolution marvelous!
  • Reply 5 of 12
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

Fellowship

Really? I thought Artman's animated gif was pretty crude, and i'd hardly call it a 'film'. To each their own, I guess.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    What “claims” does this film make, pray tell, that one might determine to be “quite true”?

[edit]

What is god’s answer to this bad boy.

What man did in the 5th century BCE all the splendor of god’s creation cannot emulate. Suck it, god.

Has god created anything this powerful?

The small section at the end about the brain is a damned joke. What is this “through use” nonsense? Was this made by Lamarck?
  • Reply 7 of 12
    franksargentfranksargent Posts: 4,694member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by groverat View Post

What “claims” does this film make, pray tell, that one might determine to be “quite true”?

The small section at the end about the brain is a damned joke. What is this “through use” nonsense? Was this made by Lamarck?

The following quote exposes the usual ID suspects:

Quote:

Illustra Media is linked with another production company, Discovery Media, which in turn is the successor to the Moody Institute of Science.

National Center for Science Education

MIS made this video back in 1953, an earlier form of modern ID.

You too can be a scientist and practice the scientific method, all you have to do is stick the word "science" or "discovery" in your name and you're good to go!

This is the branch of science known as "sticking the horse before the cart" or STHBTC science. Christians have been doing this for apparently millennia!

Onward christian soldiers, err SCIENTISTS!
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Really? I thought Artman's animated gif was pretty crude, and i'd hardly call it a 'film'. To each their own, I guess.

The odd thing about the movie at the heart of this topic is that when I first watched it, it had an odd sense of humor about it, so I was waiting for a punchline, not in a relgious way, but more of a "so take your patent and shove it" way.

It's amazing the efforts the church will go through to win (assimilate, as in a Borg sort of way?) new members.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    It had a sort of Walt Disney feel to it, like those old Wonderful World of Disney shows you'd see when you were a kid. But weirder.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by groverat View Post

What is god’s answer to this bad boy.

you are kidding, right? How about the Sun, which makes your puny hydrogen bomb look like a child's toy. And muscle tissues are much more impressive than wheels.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

you are kidding, right? How about the Sun, which makes your puny hydrogen bomb look like a child's toy. And muscle tissues are much more impressive than wheels.

Impressive, maybe, but so much less efficient or useful.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I bet the first time god saw a wheel rotating freely around a still axis his infinite mind was blown.

Quote:

How about the Sun, which makes your puny hydrogen bomb look like a child's toy.

The sun is weak sauce. It is the ultimate example of something being strong only because it is absolutely huge.

God is an underachiever.