Has anyone ever noticed...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple basically defines their computers by size. 17", 20", and 24" iMac, 12" or 14" iBook, etc.

So has anyone ever thougt about countries that don't use the "standard" system of measurement, but the metric? If Apple converted their computers for metric users, imagine owning a 60CM iMac, or a 43CM MacBook Pro.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    lol stoner-happy thread.

"Whoaaaaaaa"
  • Reply 2 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Atlas View Post

So has anyone ever thougt about countries that don't use the "standard" system of measurement, but the metric?

This is interesting and I hadn't really thought much about it but the UK is metric and we still use inches. The detailed spec has both but I would have thought they would have changed. It would probably just cause unnecessary confusion though and it would only be useful if America just gave up the imperial system once and for all.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

This is interesting and I hadn't really thought much about it but the UK is metric and we still use inches. The detailed spec has both but I would have thought they would have changed. It would probably just cause unnecessary confusion though and it would only be useful if America just gave up the imperial system once and for all.

I agree, it's just very hard to give up the things you grew up using however, as proven when I tried it last year and then got into a Arch. Design class this year.

Sebastian
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Well, I hope they stay with the inches. In Germany, a few years ago every display had to be advertised as '38 cm TFT' instead of '15" TFT'. This is very stupid and does not help the average computer buyer at all. I don't know, however, if they got rid of that stupid rule.

Love my 33.782 cm MacBook, though...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    bacillusbacillus Posts: 313member
    To quote The Simpsons...The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that's the way I likes it!"