Infrared file beaming (irDA)

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am using a Macbook (black) for three months already and I am enjoying the ride until now. Still, someting is happening today that is really p...ssing me...I CANNOT BEAM A PIC from my Treo to my Macbook USING INFRARED.

QUESTION: Am I doing something wrong or did Apple install the infrared for remote control purposes only?

Thank you in advance for your help.

pvieira

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tkellytkelly Posts: 50member
    Ha, i love how in all your choices you have "you're doing something wrong".

Um, I have a RAZR and i connect using bluetooth, so I guess it would be the same way w/ the Treo, which also has bluetooth.

You have to click on the little bluetooth B on the menu bar, and then go down to add device. Follow through the steps till it is connected.

Then go back the the Bluetooth menu and select Send File or something (sorry, not on mac right now) and then it should let you get the files.

Hope this helps
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    last I heard infrared was removed long ago. At least IRDA. My Powerbook has one and I think it was disabled ever since I upgraded to to OS X.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tkelly View Post

Ha, i love how in all your choices you have "you're doing something wrong".

Um, I have a RAZR and i connect using bluetooth, so I guess it would be the same way w/ the Treo, which also has bluetooth.

You have to click on the little bluetooth B on the menu bar, and then go down to add device. Follow through the steps till it is connected.

Then go back the the Bluetooth menu and select Send File or something (sorry, not on mac right now) and then it should let you get the files.

Hope this helps

Thank you for your message. Actually I was coming back to the Apple insider to change the polls text by adding the following text:"..and you should be using bluetooth anyway!".

Regards,

Pedro