Regarding GCC and xCode

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am a beginner programmer in C++ and use the GGC compiler that is bundled with xCode and that through the terminal and Vim. I dont need anything from the xCode package other than the GCC compiler. How do I get rid of everything keeping just the GCC compiler?



Thanks,

Abhinav

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 5
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,219member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abhinav View Post


    I am a beginner programmer in C++ and use the GGC compiler that is bundled with xCode and that through the terminal and Vim. I dont need anything from the xCode package other than the GCC compiler. How do I get rid of everything keeping just the GCC compiler?



    ...



    There is no need to get rid of Xcode. If you don't want to use the IDE, then don't use it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    abhinavabhinav Posts: 20member
    xCode does take up a decent amount of space, and I've got only 55 GB to work with.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    The entire developer suite only takes 2GB. The ADC Reference Library eats a little over 1GB of that. If you are really that strapped for space delete the ref library and use it online. You could dump the whole Developer folder if you wanted, since the tools are in /user/bin.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Drag /Developer to the Trash. That will get rid of all the GUI tools, the command line tools will remain in /usr.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    abhinavabhinav Posts: 20member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post


    The entire developer suite only takes 2GB. The ADC Reference Library eats a little over 1GB of that. If you are really that strapped for space delete the ref library and use it online. You could dump the whole Developer folder if you wanted, since the tools are in /user/bin.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post


    Drag /Developer to the Trash. That will get rid of all the GUI tools, the command line tools will remain in /usr.



    Thanks
Sign In or Register to comment.