Many Fonts Do Not Place Space Between Words

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Recently, I've had to use Word and Keynote to develop presentations, and fonts that work fine in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop no longer display spaces between words in the other applications. I've tried several different fonts, and it seems to be the case with most self-installed fonts I've tried?I'm primarily using Mrs. Eaves, though. The spaces are there in the sentence, and if I change the typeface to Times New Roman, they show up. Otherwise, allthewordsruntogether no matter haw many spaces I place between them. I've tried installing them directly in my Library and well as using Linotype's FontExplorer on three different Macs (all running OS 10.4.9). How do I fix this problem.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nobody Special View Post

Recently, I've had to use Word and Keynote to develop presentations, and fonts that work fine in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop no longer display spaces between words in the other applications. I've tried several different fonts, and it seems to be the case with most self-installed fonts I've tried?I'm primarily using Mrs. Eaves, though. The spaces are there in the sentence, and if I change the typeface to Times New Roman, they show up. Otherwise, allthewordsruntogether no matter haw many spaces I place between them. I've tried installing them directly in my Library and well as using Linotype's FontExplorer on three different Macs (all running OS 10.4.9). How do I fix this problem.

What kinds of fonts are they? dfont, TrueType or Postscript?