Connecting to the airport hard drive (airdrive)

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just got my new airport today. I connected a hard drive to it and I can connect to it just fine as soon as I connect to the network. However, if I eject the mounted drive I can't seem to find a way to connect back to it again without disconnecting from the network and joining it again.

I guess it's the same as if I was plugged in with a USB. If I eject, in order to see the drive again I have to unplug it and plug it back in again. But with the airport drive it's not quite as easy. Is there another around this?

Also, can I assume it's not possible to have two computers connect to the drive at the same time?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    benzenebenzene Posts: 338member
    Could you be a little more specific how you can't connect to the drive again? Does it show up in the "Connect to Server" dialog?

Also, there shouldn't be any problem in having two (or more) computers connect to the drive.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    deapeajaydeapeajay Posts: 909member
    I tried the connect to server but I don't know the address of the drive, if there is one ("hardDrive.local"?). I just hit 'browse' and didn't see it listed there.