What FREEWARE do you use the most Top 5:

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So, I am constantly finding new freeware to use, but I feel I am missing something among my peers, so I ask what do all of you use and your top 5 freeware. Don't worry about what it does, just throw it out there with a brief explanation, you have nothing to loose!

* Firefox(browser with AWESOME add-ons {better than Opera})

* StepMania (game that uses tunes generated by users to create beat patterns)

* Limewire (music, videos, games, programs, back-up purposes only ;-)....)

* Senuti (takes music off ANY ipod and deposits into your computer based on preferences. Just plug in the

other ipod and whoosh!)

* GimmeSomeTune (great itunes add-on. Only one I use.)

If you respond, so will others, so please throw your top five out and learn what others may already know. It's much like BSD, we all benefit from EACH OTHER!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feartec View Post

So, I am constantly finding new freeware to use, but I feel I am missing something among my peers, so I ask what do all of you use and your top 5 freeware. Don't worry about what it does, just throw it out there with a brief explanation, you have nothing to loose!

* Firefox(browser with AWESOME add-ons {better than Opera})

* StepMania (game that uses tunes generated by users to create beat patterns)

* Limewire (music, videos, games, programs, back-up purposes only ;-)....)

* Senuti (takes music off ANY ipod and deposits into your computer based on preferences. Just plug in the

other ipod and whoosh!)

* GimmeSomeTune (great itunes add-on. Only one I use.)

If you respond, so will others, so please throw your top five out and learn what others may already know. It's much like BSD, we all benefit from EACH OTHER!!!!

Do you know how many millions of threads on AppleInisder are solely devoted to this topic: best freeware apps for mac? Let alone threads about best apps in general for mac? Well, not quite millions, but there are a hell of a lot.

Do a search for existing threads before you start a new thread.

But I won't be a complete party pooper:

-Cyberduck (FTP)

-Adium (Instant Messenger)

-Taco HTML Edit (Much more than HTML edit... edits most any code files)

-Google SketchUp 6 (3D Modeling)

-Handbreak (DVD Ripping)

and a non-free Gem: CSSEdit

And how about we modify the rules of this thread? If someone else has already posted the application on their list, don't post it on yours.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    dmberdmber Posts: 204member
    quicksilver

thread over.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmber View Post

quicksilver

thread over.

I don't find quicksilver very useful. But that's just me I guess.

But agreed. Thread is already pretty much dead. :-)