Want to Hook PowerMac G4 to TV

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I bought a Powermac G4 (digital Audio) 533Mhz G4 for 75 dollars and wanted to use it as a media center, yet I have no idea, as it lacks s-video, how to hook it up to the TV. It has a rage 128 pro currently, and I really don't want to spend more than a 100 dollars on this thing at the moment. Will a VGA to s-video cable work with this card or a VGA to component? I have been searchin the web for quite a while now yet no solid information has been found. Thanks for any help you guys can yield me!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Algol View Post

I bought a Powermac G4 (digital Audio) 533Mhz G4 for 75 dollars and wanted to use it as a media center, yet I have no idea, as it lacks s-video, how to hook it up to the TV. It has a rage 128 pro currently, and I really don't want to spend more than a 100 dollars on this thing at the moment. Will a VGA to s-video cable work with this card or a VGA to component? I have been searchin the web for quite a while now yet no solid information has been found. Thanks for any help you guys can yield me!

i have no idea about the card... or even if that mac is powerful enough.

but a simple converter cable or connector should work fine...just fine
  • Reply 2 of 2
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    What is the best graphics card to dual display between a LCD monitor and a TV with s-video. The problem I have had is finding a card that will support ADC along with s-video. I may have to buy a ADC to DVI connector but they are so pricey... Oh what to do?

I have read that the DVI to S-video cables and the converters produce iffy image quality. I know these are hard questions but I would really appreciate any information.