MacBook Pro Lid Not As Pretty As Before!

cbacba
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Of late, my MacBook Pro's screen no longer 'pops' up when the latch is let go by means of the button. It is much less energetic and just rises up a couple of millimeters instead of the couple of centimeters that I am used to, making grabbing it and pulling to open the notebook much more difficult. This is not a huge problem, but a slight annoyance on a £1500 C2D laptop!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!



Many Thanks!

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 5
    Okay.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CBA View Post


    Of late, my MacBook Pro's screen no longer 'pops' up when the latch is let go by means of the button. It is much less energetic and just rises up a couple of millimeters instead of the couple of centimeters that I am used to, making grabbing it and pulling to open the notebook much more difficult. This is not a huge problem, but a slight annoyance on a £1500 C2D laptop!

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!



    Many Thanks!



    That is so unbelievably petty. Get a life it still pops up, things "age" and might change. So get used to it nothing can be done about it.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,920member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChrisDaMacMan View Post


    That is so unbelievably petty. Get a life it still pops up, things "age" and might change. So get used to it nothing can be done about it.



    But it's a $1500 C2D laptop! As if the processor has anything to do with the build quality. I think he posted that just to read it back to himself. "I have a C2D! hehe!"
  • Reply 4 of 5
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    And the fact that it isn't particularly good for the laptop to press the bottom and let the laptop screen bounce up and down like that... your killing the hinge.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    cbacba Posts: 53member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


    But it's a $1500 C2D laptop! As if the processor has anything to do with the build quality. I think he posted that just to read it back to himself. "I have a C2D! hehe!"



    Ok, sorry, I was just trying to let you know which model I was using, that is all! If you were wondering. I think that I have got over the fact that I am using a C2D, and thanks for putting words into my mouth. Bloody hell, won't ask next time.



    And icfireball, what do you mean regarging killing the hinge?





    Thank you everyone, you have all been so mature and helpful.
Sign In or Register to comment.