Apple Fixed Eject

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Often I would go to hit the volume button and accidentally knock the eject button, causing my dive on my Mac Pro to pop out.

Recently however, I noticed you have to press and hold for 1 second before it pops out. I suspect this was part of the upgrade 10.4.9.

Kudos to Apple.

Anybody else notice this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Yes. Most people thought their DVD drive tray doors were broken. Seriously. People were complaining. But when don't they?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Yes. Most people thought their DVD drive tray doors were broken. Seriously. People were complaining. But when don't they?

When things go their way? I have to say I never accidentally ejected my drive, I can understand it happening to someone, just not to me.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Yes. Most people thought their DVD drive tray doors were broken. Seriously. People were complaining.

OMG, I didn't think the drive was broken but I thought the button was. I have a machine at work and I bet its been updated. All of a sudden, just pushing the button doesn't pop the tray open. I actually just started pressing it harder. I don't mind the update but I wish they'd tell us what they've changed. They don't mention this at all in the update page:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304821

I never had a problem with this before. I don't know why Apple don't just put a button on the drive like everybody else. When I take a disc out, I need to go to the drive anyway to get the disc, so why put the button on the keyboard?

Apple list of fixes for problems that aren't there +1.