Mac Book and Mac Mini

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Ok so i'm new to this forum and to the whole Mac world. I've used macs from time to time and I got a Free Mac Desktop from a friend but haven't played around with it (not running OS 10.4). I'm looking to get into Web design and pod casting as well as DVD creation and other feilds.

I've talked to some people about the Macbook and i'm gonna hold off till June for the new OS and possible hardware to come out (New intel chip/video card and the like). But what about the Mac mini? I kinda want to get my Feet wet now with Macs and this seems like a good fit for me. Not to high in price and still will do the things i'm looking to do.

The question I have for those of you in the know more than me is should I wait on the Mini or jump in now? Any advice would be great, Thank you

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    The Mac Mini is often brought up in online conversation as being the next in line for a Core 2 Duo update. This should happen eventually but I think when is anybody's guess.

The same old story applies- if you need a computer now, buy it. If you can wait, then wait.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Ok thanks Mike. I can wait I just don't really want to. I'm really looking forward to doing stuff with the macs. I've always liked them but now I finally have the means to do something about it.

I wish I would have got the idea for my website a while ago I think the bubble for my idea has burst or might already be in works and done better than my first vision.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Well now that I read this I might not want to wait that long

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6552113.stm
  • Reply 4 of 4
    If you can't wait then get both. You should be able to run your leopard restore disk on the mini when you get it.