New iMac mounted on a wall

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Look at it! You could totally just mount it on the wall because the arm looks like it's right in the middle. Imagine that. A computer that's not even anchored to a desk.

...hmmm...just thinking, that would make it possible to pull the screen off easier wouldn't it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    buggybuggy Posts: 83member
    Cool never thought of that until you mentioned it. Talk about a reduction in desk space ....no other PC could claim to have no desktop footprint.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Depends on the loader in the optical drive. A tray loader would make that difficult. A slot loader o the other hand.....I might mount it upside down for shits and giggles.

Finally, theres the matter of cooling. If it relies on some sort of chimney like the Cube (which I doubt), then you'd have to take that into consioderation as well.

And you are assuming the screen will rotate. It will pitch and raise/lower, but I haven't seen any indication it will rotate.

SdC

SdC

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: suckfuldotcom ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Hmm... That would be, well, interesting...
  • Reply 4 of 17
    dalidali Posts: 32member
    pikkel said...

Look at it! You could totally just mount it on the wall because the arm looks like it's right in the middle. Imagine that. A computer that's not even anchored to a desk.

...hmmm...just thinking, that would make it possible to pull the screen off easier wouldn't it?

GREAT GREAT GREAT POINT!!!! If the rest of our speculation is correct, this would fuc*king amazing.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    <a href="http://www.timecanada.com"; target="_blank">Time Canada</a> has the scoop. Sorry to spoil your fun but this looks legit.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    whee! Maybe I'll mount one under my kitchen cabinets.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Well, it looks like you can pivot the display and didn't the article mention something about pushing and pulling the screen? Anyways, I'm sure there will be someone that'll do it.

I'm kinda bummed now...I just got a tibook sans combo. I would have loved to have one of these though. Oh well, maybe a G5 in a year instead
  • Reply 8 of 17
    buggybuggy Posts: 83member
    catalyst, sorry I don't get your point. The article says nothing about how it has to sit on a desk.

suckfuldotcom has intelligent questions/statements that do more to quel the fun than another referance to the article.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    [quote]Originally posted by catalyst:

<strong><a href="http://www.timecanada.com"; target="_blank">Time Canada</a> has the scoop. Sorry to spoil your fun but this looks legit.</strong><hr></blockquote>

No way Catalyst super teriffic find I'm just amazed nobody else here found it before you did... Are you **sure** that story isn't a SpyMac hoax? It sure looks like it to me... Steve **never** wears that color shirt!
  • Reply 10 of 17
    catalystcatalyst Posts: 226member
    Whoops.. Sorry about that. I got way to excited about it.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    geez, I knew about the timecanada.com page. Who doesn't by now...I mean those of us that are up this late experiencing just one more sleepless night.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    [quote]Originally posted by pikkel:

<strong>geez, I knew about the timecanada.com page. Who doesn't by now...I mean those of us that are up this late experiencing just one more sleepless night.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey I am really sorry... I just got back from school and saw this thread at the top...
  • Reply 13 of 17
    eh, don't worry about it, I (like most people) don't want to come off looking like idiots, but I probably came off looking like a jerk on that last post. Should've put a smiley to put some humor into Apple's slogan. Anyways, I just love the idea of not having be reminded that your working on a computer, but (excuse the reference) looking through a window.

• Reply 14 of 17
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    [quote]Originally posted by pikkel:

<strong>eh, don't worry about it, I (like most people) don't want to come off looking like idiots, but I probably came off looking like a jerk on that last post. Should've put a smiley to put some humor into Apple's slogan. Anyways, I just love the idea of not having be reminded that your working on a computer, but (excuse the reference) looking through a window.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Me too cat...

I'm just a tad on edge if this is all Steve is gonna talk about tomorrow... Unless that effen screen pops off that is!

Dave
  • Reply 15 of 17
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    no problem catalyst. There's so much stuff flying around that it's hard for the most frequent posters to get it all. Lots of duplicate threads too for that reason tonight.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    [quote]Originally posted by Buggy:

<strong>The article says nothing about how it has to sit on a desk.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

In the discussion about design, Steve says the LCD wants to fly, and the computer wants to be on the ground. Or something like that. You could probably mount it on the wall but it would make steve uncomfortable.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Thanks for forgiving me. I don't think Steve will liked the LCD panel to be wall-mounted. He probably likes it to be seen always as a sunflower. By the way, does anybody know what the size of the LCD screen is?