Vista

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So I've just installed Vista Home Premium edition on my iMac and, to my surprise, am really impressed. Ok, it may be only first sight etc. but I actually conceived of using it as my default OS (albeit briefly). It looks good and I like some of the features, even if I hate how it keeps checking up on everything you do. One small thing i was impressed with was the equivalent of dashboard. First of all, I like the fact that it sits on the desktop all the time. It's one of my frustrations with dashboard that it isn't all there by default at startup - on the desktop, only to be covered by windows but brought forward later with the F12 key. I'd like to see it at start-up or whenever all windows are closed, rather than having to drag it up. I also liked the mini RSS feed thing. I know that there are widgets that do BBC News etc. but that just struck me as really neat. I like the revised start menu too.

So, here's waiting for Leopard. In fact the revisions to the Start menu made me wodner if the Dock might get any kind of revision this time out ...

Comments