3 hour WWDC keynote?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
According to Macworld UK, Apple have announced that the WWDC keynote is going to be 3(!) hours long. This page appears to confirm it, but have Apple always simply allocated the whole morning for the keynote, but then not used all of the allotted time?

What are they going to talk about? Surely not just 10.5? Will we also have the official iPhone launch? (doesn't seem like the right place for that, though). Details of how to develop for the iPhone? Lots of new hardware?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I'd be stunned if the WWDC keynote was more than 2 hours long. Since WWDC is made up of workshops, it's simply more likely that they don't want any other events going on around the same time of the keynote.

If the keynote is actually 3 hours long, we're in for some major surprises.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Even if Apple said it was going to be 3 hours on the homepage of Apple.com I'd still have to see it to believe it.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    It's just buffering against going overtime and interfering with other events.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,434moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

just 10.5? Will we also have the official iPhone launch? (doesn't seem like the right place for that, though).

Neither was Macworld.

I think it will be 2 hours 58 on the iphone launch. 1 minute on 10.5 and 1 minute for the 'and one more thing' stuff.

Not quite but Apple seem to be going all out with the iphone and let's not forget possibilities with the Apple TV. That's bound to eat up an hour. We have some major developments in Leopard so I imagine there should be lots to talk about. I always feel the WWDCs are too short anyway.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    I knew it, it's only 90 mins as usual. Apple just announced it.